KID SILK ♥ CONTEST
To celebrate the launch of my new collection of hand dyed yarn KID SILK, I invite you to imagine your own original knitting pattern! The pattern can be a garment or an accessory such as a sweater, a cardigan, a shawl or a scarf that can be knitted using my KID SILK hand-dyed yarn. If you wish, you can also use one (or more) other yarns from the Louise Robert CollectionThe most important thing is to incorporate the new KID SILK!
My Kid Silk yarn is made of 75% Kid-Mohair and 25% silk. Each skein contain 25g /218 yds of yarn.
Use the KID SILK alone or combined to another yarn! Whether it’s for a scarf, shawl or sweater, this exquisite hand-dyed yarn will add a fluffy texture and warm colors to all your projects.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE – Be inspired and inspiring
Send me your creative idea before March 31, 2022 by filling out the entry form below including the following information:
- Describe your project in general terms and the feeling that should come out of it.
- Tell me about the textures and colors and include a sketch or photos with your explanation. You can use photos of a garment you like, a piece of art, a pattern or a color palette that inspired your idea!
- If possible, add to your description the technical details you would like (dimensions, direction of knitting, e.g. top to bottom, round or flat, knitting techniques used, e.g. stranded colorwork, intarsia, brioche etc).
- You can participate several times by sending me more than one idea!
COMPETITION OUTCOME – Pre-selection and public vote
Among the creative ideas received, I will select five (5) projects that I will present here on this page after which the three (3) winning projects will be determined by public vote. The voting period will take place from April 1 to April 8, 2022.
- I commit myself to write the pattern of each of the three winning projects within 8 months after the end of the contest (December 2022).
- These patterns will then be sold in PDF format on the Biscotte & Cie inc. websites and all sales of these patterns will be donated to the Douglas Foundation for mental health research.
PRIZES TO WIN
- The three (3) participants who have imagined the winning projects will receive a free copy of their pattern and all the yarn to knit it (in the size of their choice, if applicable) – Delivery included in Canada & the United States.
- All those who participate by sending me a creative idea will automatically receive a promotional code offering them 10% off my new KID SILK yarn collection.
- I will also draw the three (3) projects (yarn and pattern) among all those who participated in the contest by voting for their favorite project. – Delivery included in Canada & USA.
CONTEST RULES – Terms and Conditions
By sending me your creative idea you agree that :
- Your project and name may be publicly displayed for voting purposes;
- In the event that your creative idea is one of the three (3) winning projects
- I will write the pattern with your name on it to give you credit.
- The pattern will be sold and all sales will be donated to the Douglas Foundation for Mental Health Research.
- Other than the yarn and pattern to complete your project, you will not receive any additional financial compensation.
- In the event that you win a prize and you live outside of Canada or the United States, you will be required to pay shipping costs to receive your prize.